Friday, July 25, 2008

international invasion


today I let the Celts take over my stereo
they sang songs while I played djembe
you hear about us creative people all the time
how we don't care what others think
as we groove on time and then
time
learns to leave us alone

drums, they are a mystery to everyone,
how does it become a euryhthmic disorder?
for me, by the seat of my chair and the listening
with my entire self as the Celts begin to pound
like a bodrhan

quietly rhythm takes me into her heart
all of me begins to dance
how do I know this?
there is a bird singing
outside my window

then the Afro Latinos took charge via compact disc
I borrowed from the library, one card, no bill
can you groove on that?
yes I can! pandeiro, for the masses, no, I'm not
so samba wise, but the timing tempts me
into playing with every kind of tempo

practice makes something
a wise man said
practice makes something
time well spent.




No comments: